Summer Camp Info
How to Be Prepared for Summer Camp
- Before camp, know each Scout’s advancement status.
- Process your unit’s Merit Badge Course Schedule using Online Class Registration in April.
- Work on prerequisites before coming to camp.
- Use the Patrol Method.
- Let the more advanced Scouts help the younger Scouts.
- Keep accurate advancements records.
- Set a goal with each Scout…challenge him to do his best.
- Hint! – Hold a swim classification test prior to camp. See the Camp FGL Forms page. (This can streamline your Sunday check-in.) Note: Every Scout in camp must take or must have taken the swim test.
- Have all medical forms (can be found on Camp FGL Forms page) current and a copy turned into your unit leader (Do not bring originals to camp).