Overview of Camp
Camp FGL is located on a 900-acre peninsula on beautiful West Point Lake in LaGrange, Georgia. West Point Lake is a 25,900 acre reservoir of the Chattahoochee River, with over 525 miles of shoreline.
Camp FGL is located on the boarder of West Georgia and East Alabama about halfway between Birmingham and Atlanta. We are just a short drive to many attractions such as Wild Animal Safari Park, Pine Mountain Trail, Callaway Gardens, Coca-Cola Space Science Center, The National Civil War Naval Museum, FDR State Park, Little White House, National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning, Westville, and much more.
There are 6 campsites to choose from, each with their own unique views. Each of the 6 campsites comes complete with a permanent pavilion with picnic tables, electrical outlets, ceiling fans and holds 40 campers. Campers will also enjoy our lighted private bathhouse facilities with individual hot showers and flush toilets.
Now available, Troops will be able to spend the week at Camp FGL in style in Fort Bradshaw. Fort Bradshaw is an air-conditioned “dorm” style complex that will accommodate up to 55 Scouts and Adults.
We are committed to customer service and it shows. We are proud to maintain a high ratio of summer camp staff to youth campers. This provides your Scout with personal attention the way summer camp was meant to be.
We also offer a “family style” dining experience for every meal. Instead of standing in long lines, your food is hot and ready on the table when you walk into the dining hall.
One of the major advantages of Camp FGL is that we are one of the newest camps in the Southern Region. Our facilities are new and well maintained.
Facilities at Camp FGL include:
- 300-seat air-conditioned dining hall
- Air-conditioned Trading Post
- 24-hour Health Lodge
- Rifle Range & Archery Range
- Shotgun Range
- 600-seat Chapel and Amphitheatre
- Junior-Olympic sized salt-water filtrated Swimming Pool. No irritated eyes or bleaching of clothes. Our pool decking consists of “cool decking”, a special surface that does not get hot
- Waterfront for jet skiis, motor boating, sailing, kayaking, canoeing, and more
- 50-foot Climbing and Rappelling Tower
- C.O.P.E. course with over 20 different elements and an exciting zip line
- Scoutmaster’s Lounge for adult leaders complete with air-conditioning, free coffee and free wi-fi
- 100-seat air-conditioned training facility located at Fort Bradshaw
Camp FGL prides itself on our top-notch camp program. We know that Troops have many options for Summer Camp and we want to make sure that all Scouts in each Troop enjoy their week at our camp. Our Camp Program staff starts in the Fall of the previous year getting ready for a quality program experience. Our merit badge counselors as well as first year camper counselors are well trained, friendly, and willing to go the extra mile to make sure that your Scouts are having fun while learning.